Saturday, February 27, 2010

RIP Tommy Atkins



Thanks to the mighty Cosmic Hearse for his classy tribute to bassist Tommy Atkins from the band Yeti, who, sadly, took his own life recently.

I actually first received word about this tragedy via another friend of Tommy's on Facebook this morning, and to be honest, it is the first I had ever heard of him or his various musical projects. And I'm willing to bet the same is true for most of you out there reading this. If you like good, tight left-field prog weirdness, though, you will want to scoot over here right away and explore his sonic world a bit more deeply. Well worth a decent chunk of your listening time, I assure you...

We needed to hear more from this man. This is a genuine tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

All material on this blog is for educational and/or promotional uses only. I endorse nothing here. If you want anything I post removed, please email me at montycantsin@rocketmail.com