Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Black-Metal Is Dead! Long Live Krallice!

Krallice - Aridity




Hmmm...



Powerful magnetic fields can induce hallucinations in the lab, so why not in the real world, too?


Sonny Sharrock - Who Does She Hope To Be?



It may be kind of odd to hear someone who many consider to be the godfather of noise guitar get down in such a lyrical way here. But anybody who’s familiar with the full body of his work knows that was a big part of what he was about. I remember reading an interview with him once where he said improvised music must be imbued with the “terrible beauty of a snowflake.”


Nuff said on that topic, I think…


I wish I could click my little black slippers together and suddenly find myself magically transported to Chicago.

In the Realms of the Unreal with Henry Darger
Intuit: The Centre for Intuitive and Outsider Art
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Through June 28, 2008



(Click the pic for an expanded view)

Henry Darger, Angel with American Flag Wings (detail), 107” x 24”, courtesy of Intuit: The Centre for Intuitive and Outsider Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

All material on this blog is for educational and/or promotional uses only. I endorse nothing here. If you want anything I post removed, please email me at montycantsin@rocketmail.com